Long Term Care
The realisation that a loved one requires care is difficult and emotional. The care system is a disjointed minefield. Finding who to turn to for the information needed is difficult at best for those who have to fund their own care.
We will help you to:
- Obtain practical information and advice on all aspect of later life living
- Help you understand how you can fund the cost of a loved one’s care
- Guide you through the maze that is ‘care’, from finding help at home to funding fees
- Understand the care system, how it works and what support is available including the legislation change due in 2016
- Better comprehend the state benefit entitlement and tax breaks that we can all enjoy but often don’t take advantage of
- Be aware of property implications and the 12 week property disregard
- Help you organise Lasting Powers of Attorney or apply for Deputyship with the Court of Protection
- Appreciate your legal responsibilities and duties under a Power of Attorney
We will help you understand the choices and options available to you in a clear manner and use our technical expertise and experience to ensure that the right solution is found.