The Trustee Act 2000 sets out the framework for Trustees. There are several different types of Trusts that all have one thing in common; the Trustees must act in the best interest of the Beneficiaries.
The Act imposes certain duties on the Trustees, failure to meet the obligations laid out in the act is a breach of the Act and could result in Trustees being sued. As the Trustees are personally liable for the decisions they make it is imperative that they get it right. We will advise Trustees on the most appropriate course of action regarding the Trust and will do our best to assist Trustees to fulfil their duties and meet their obligations.
- Write the Investment Policy Statement (IPS)
- Make recommendations as to the most appropriate portfolio for the trust
- Advise on the most tax efficient manner for the trustees to invest
- Review the portfolio on a regular basis
- Provide detailed meeting notes as to what decisions have been made and why
Should you require the services of a solicitor or an accountant to assist in the smooth running of the trust we are happy to make suitable recommendations.